Thursday 20 June 2013

END OF YEAR E X H I B I T I O N P I E C E



SHAPE, SYMBOLISM, COLOUR, FORM, CONTENT, CONTEXT.
4 IMAGES, 4 SHAPES. 



I wanted to show some of my photography in my end of term exhibition, it seemed to make sense, however I did not want to just pin them up to the wall like I had done in my show and text, I wanted the images to stand out and be imposing. So I mounted them on MDF of various thicknesses and attached them to the wall at various depths. This was to defy any chance of them being too unison; each shape had shapes within them and was of different sizes and attached to the wall at different heights. 

The importance of each shape-they shapes became like 'key holes', windows into another persons world, not too far removed but distant enough to create something that is relatable but unknown.  
the CIRCLE - the circle of life, unity, beginning and ending at the same point, mother earth, mother, maker, so I felt it was appropriate for my mother, a viewpoint onto her sleeping in a vulnerable state. mother maker, not as strong as she once was.
the TRIANGLE - three points, three lines, cock and balls,  circle circle line = triangle? 
the HEXAGON - matriarchal grandmother, points like a crown, head of the family, leader of the pack, white haired watcher, too old and deaf to understand, yet she sits

I wanted it like this to create the illusion that it is more of an installation rather than photos on a wall. Having them on two walls also enforced the viewer to interact with the piece more as they had to walk around it instead of just standing there.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment